Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dolly Dreaming









I haven't had time to do any creating lately.  I HAVE been purging a lot of my stuff.... getting ready to send to the thrift pile.  I just don't have room both physically and mentally to keep EVERYTHING anymore.  So I am going through all my stuff and keeping only what tugs at my heartstrings.  I would love to get back into doll making again.  It's been a long time.....as I look through some of my pictures from the last five years,  I realize that I really miss fabric.  I struggle with asthma and had to pretty much pack up A LOT of my favorite books (vintage collection), most of my fabric dolls and fabrics,  and totally change the way I decorate.   I spent too much time in the basement the last two days and I feel the lungs struggling a little.  That being said, I think that if I limit my fabric collection and stay out of the basement, i will be OK, not perfect, but I never feel perfect anyway.  Anyway, I have many ideas "brewing", to combine some cloth with what I am doing.   Well, back to the thrift pile!:) 

9 comments:

Baggaraggs: said...

co not htrow anything to the THRift PILE...NO dolls can go there!!!!! I mean it.

Baggaraggs: said...

Its supposed to read "do not hrow anthing to the thrift pile" OL I wish I could type. HUGS Robin

hens teeth said...

You are such an inspiration to me. Your dolls are incredible. I do hope you can find a way of combining the use of all of your stash without making you poorly. I'm really looking forward to what's 'brewing'.

cheryl kuhn said...

You know how much I love your dolls since I own 5 of them!! It was nice to see your collection. I hope that you will be able to incorporate fabric in your new work,it is so much fun collecting and shopping for fabric!I look forward to seeing how you might work it in with your paintings.

Anonymous said...

Hello,I came over from Cheryl's site. I love your dolls! Great look to them. Wish I could own one...but it sounds like they were from a past creative time. Too sad about the asthma. My daughter suffers from asthma too. I hope you can find some relief from it.

Flor Larios Art said...

Look at your collection of dolls, they look great!
Please keep making them...
Hope you feel better.
Flor

Ruth W said...

Love checking out the blog. Love the dolls as always. Can we get together next week? DH and DD in Mexico. Will call you Sat.

gunnelsvensson said...

So wonderful your dolls are !!!! I really enjoy to look at them !!

Danita said...

Please go back and make more dolls!