Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Taking it easy


Just a quick note.  Apparently, I have been walking around with hypothyroidism for quite awhile.  I had a battery of tests done this fall when my blood work showed low thyroid levels.  Well, I have been to the docs a few times since then, and for some reason my tests got overlooked.  When I went to the docs on Monday (he is a wonderful doc, but very busy) and told him how horrible I felt, he rummaged through my file and found the tests results.  Well, he said, no wonder, your uptake scan showed low thyroid function and you need to be on medication.  The good news is, in a few weeks, I should feel like a "new person".  I have felt "in a fog" for the last few months and doc said that is a symptom.  I should start losing weight AND having more energy, hence keeping up with family and able to actually get back to creating consistently.  I have heard that meds can take awhile to adjust but I have had this problem "on and off" for years so I am encouraged!  I learned a big lesson... follow up with your doc because no matter how good they are , they are only human!!:)  Hopefully I will be back to creating in the next few weeks after meds kick in and also I need to make more of an effort to keep my asthma in control..)  Thanks to all who left kind thoughts my way via blog and email.:) 

6 comments:

Baggaraggs: said...

I am so glad that you found out what is bothering you and can take medication for it. I am not glad that your thyroid isn't working, but that can be fixed with synthroid I think. I guess its all in how you look at it...since I am a nurse I am always glad there is medication to help. LOL. FEEL GOOD. That is my wish for you. and feel good enough to create, because your work is the BEST. Hugs Robin

Ruth W said...

Very appropriate picture you put with this blog. For now you have HOPE!

hens teeth said...

Oh thank goodness for that Amy, I am so pleased you have a diagnosis, it is half the battle won when you know what is wrong. Take good care of yourself. x

cheryl kuhn said...

I am sorry to hear about your condition but at least you know that it is treatable and there was a legitimate reason why you were feeling so poorly. It is such a common problem among women that gets easily overlooked. I bet after your initial adjustmen to the meds you will feel like a new woman!! See you in our flea market dreams.....lol.....hugs, Cheryl

sUz said...

hi aMy!

What a relief! Hope you're feeling like yourself again soon! Remember to be patient with yourself as the meds settle in.

iN jOy,
sUz

Flor Larios Art said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling good...it is a good thing you will be better soon!