Saturday, March 7, 2009

Getting ready to "Etsy"





I am in the process of working on a few pieces for Esty.  I am excited about some new techniques using mixed media I have been working on.  I started the bigger work I call "lonely bird" this fall and found it while cleaning and decided to "get back to it."  The other little garden angel reflects my yearning for Spring.  We had wonderful weather this weekend and it smells like spring outside.

  Well, I am still scaling down my materials and am FInally finished.  After a long two weeks of moving stuff around, I decided to move back into the Family Room. (Ruth, I know you are laughing at me right now if you are reading this.)  I scaled WAY DOWN.  I think after years of struggling, I am finding out where my vision lies and am so excited to explore some of the ideas I have been "sketching" for the last few years.  Hope you like the little pieces.  Ethan is hanging on me like a monkey and Ellory is anxious to get back on the computer to work on her latest chapter.   So, here's to a really exciting Saturday night in Western PA!:)

6 comments:

sUz said...

oh my gosh aMy they are so pretty! I LOVE "lonely bird" with the color contrasts. Can't wait to see more!

iN jOy,
sUz

Ruth W said...

Yes I am laughing...
But I must say that the light in that room will be best for your work. Now if you can just keep Ethan and the dog from "helping" you. :)

hens teeth said...

Hi Amy ~ So pleased you have work for Etsy. I'm sure they won't be in Etsy for long though.x

Fleur de Boheme said...

Love your pieces! Beautiful work :-)

cheryl kuhn said...

Oh I totally infatuated with "lonely bird", love the darker colors used, it is simply devine just like it's artist!!

Flor Larios Art said...

Love your new art pieces. Good luck on your sales!
FLor